Current Reviews -
-Joel Elowsky on Francis Gumerlock's Fulgentius of Ruspe: On the Saving Will of God
-Joel Elowsky on Salim Faraji's The Roots of Nubian Christianity Uncovered: The Triumph of the Last Pharaoh, Trenton, NJ: Africa World Press, 2012.
The CEAC welcomes requests to review books for our website. We also welcome inquiries by publishers who have new books on the market in the fields of Early African Christianity. We are looking as well for scholars to provide reviewsl. If you are interested in writing a review or, if you are a publisher interested in providing books for review, please send an email to email@example.com and include the following information:
- Professional affiliation
- Mailing Address
- Phone number
- E-mail address
Also, please indicate the fields you are interested in or publish in. Decisions about who may review books for the CEAC website are made by the Book Review Editor. All book reviews become the property of CEAC (see below). All books submitted for review become the property of CEAC or its reviewers.
Due to the high cost of shipping books overseas, book review requests from outside the US will be determined on a case-by-case basis. If you would like to send us a copy of your book for review, please mail it to:
Center for Early African Christianity
1300 Eagle Rd.
St Davids, PA 19087
When writing book reviews please abide by the following guidelines:
- Name, City and State: Please include your name and all contact data (address, phone, e-mail) at the top of your review.
- Please honor the due date assigned to you. Typically, the deadline is within sixty days of having received the book.
- When writing your review, you should consider the tone and content of your review. The review should keep in mind how the book contributes to our understanding of early African Christianity, whether it represents substantive scholarship, is easy to follow and worth the time of a prospective reader. Any positive or negative criticism should be substantiated, remembering to keep the review as positive as possible in light of our purpose to inform our readers.
- Footnotes: When using direct quotes please provide exact pagination in the body of the review only. Footnotes are not to be used.
- Bibliographic Citation: Please cite all bibliographic information at the top of the review.
- Names: Provide the full names of any persons you mention in the review.
- Length: 750 word maximum.
All reviews commissioned by the CEAC are the exclusive property of the CEAC. Any copyright shall be owned by and be in the name of CEAC. CEAC grants review authors the right to reprint their reviews in any format that they choose, without the payment of royalties, subject to giving proper credit to the original publication through CEAC. CEAC reviews may be copied for non-profit educational use provided proper credit is given to the review author and CEAC. Reviewers should agree not to write a separate review of the same work for other publications.