Thank you for your interest in giving to the Center for Early African Christianity.
Donations can be made online or by check by clicking Donate Now Here . There are many ways you can become part of the CEAC vision, as you will see below. Since we are a recognized 501(c) 3 charity, all donations are tax-deductible.
Become a Member of the Center for Early African Christianity
Please help us to support scholars, educators, and students who are rediscovering the intellectual richness and vitality of Early African Christianity. Help support a generation of African scholars in reevaluating the African intellectual history, which has been unexamined for centuries by donating to the Center for Early African Christianity. Your donation will support further research, publications, and education on Africa’s role in the shaping of Christianity.
As a nonprofit research and education institute, the Center for Early African Christianity is recognized by the IRS as a 501(c)(3) charitable organization. Becoming a donor at any level makes you a part of our fast-growing educational network and provides you with benefits throughout the year. Below are the various levels of membership and the benefits for each level.
Special matching Gift: We recently were awarded a $30,000 one-to-one matching grant. This means we will receive one dollar for every dollar we raise in 2013 up to $30,000 if donations are given in a timely manner. Please make your membership do more by joining by September 1, 2013.
African partner* $35
The Tagaste Society** $250 or more
Director’s circle $500 per year
* Special rate available to persons residing in Africa
** Tagaste (Algeria) was the birthplace of Augustine and the city where he returned to setup a small community dedicated to the study of Scripture and to the building up the body of Christ.
Donors at all levels are a valuable part of our educational support network. They are the key to our spreading the word about the intellectual richness and vitality of early African Christianity.
Contributors under $100 receive:
• Subscription to e-newsletter
• Executive Director’s Quarterly Report with updates on CEAC activities and new initiatives
• Priority registration for online courses
$100 or more
• Subscription to the Thomas Oden’s quarterly letter
• Discounts on ICCS Press Books
• Priority notification of African Heritage tours
Tagaste Society members ($250 or more)
• Complementary copy of one key book, DVD or document produced by the Center.
• Access to current ICCS prize papers in patristic exegesis
• CEAC executive team working papers as they become available.
Director’s Circle ($500 or more)
• Invitation to our Director’s luncheon and private meeting with executive team to learn about upcoming projects and future events.
Membership in the Center For Early African Christianity may be obtained at any time by:
1. Signing up through our donation page.
2. Sending your name, address, phone number, e-mail, and a check to:
Center for Early African Christianity
Box 949, 1300 Eagle Rd
St. Davids PA 19087
3. Calling the CEAC at (610) 687-2819 for more information.
4. Sending an email to email@example.com
Gifts of Stock is Another Way to Fund the Mission
A gift of appreciated stock avoids the capital gains tax on any growth in the value of the stock since you bought it. You must have owned the stock for at least a year to qualify for this significant tax advantage. Gifts of appreciated stock are deductible in one year up to 30 percent of your adjusted gross income. Any excess can generally be carried forward and deducted over as many as five subsequent years.
Example: If you purchased some stock many years ago for $2,000 and it is now worth $20,000, an outright gift of the stock to the CEAC would result in a charitable deduction of $20,000. In addition, there is no capital gains tax on the $18,000 of appreciation.
If you wish to contribute appreciated stock, please notify the CEAC Office at 610.687.2819, as stock may occasionally be transferred without the name of the donor.
Employer Matching Gift Program
Many employers will match charitable contributions made by their employees, doubling your impact on the CEAC.Please check and see if your company will match your gift. http://matchfinderonline.
Donate Online:Donate to CEAC
Donate by Check:
- Please make your check payable to Center for Early African Christianity.
- Please mail your check to us at:
Center for Early African Christianity
1300 Eagle Road
St. Davids, PA 19087
- We will process your gift, and you will receive a receipt for your gift by the end of the year.
For questions, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org